Seeking an Early Childhood Educator
Join our team at Wild Wapiti Playschool Society!
Wild Wapiti Playschool Society is a new non-profit group child care centre for children aged 1-5 years old based in downtown Fernie, BC. We opened our doors in mid June and are looking for a passionate and dedicated Early Childhood Educator (ECE) to join our talented team.
Inspired by our little town and big mountains we nurture a spirit of play, collaboration, kindness, independence and sustainability in each child. We are creating a best-in-class working environment where our qualified team will feel valued and supported in their day-to-day work, and in their further professional development as early childhood educators.
As we build our playschool community from the ground-up you can have the opportunity to help us with program design, philosophy and structure, if interested.
Who you are:
- You’re an enthusiastic, creative and patient educator looking for a part-time position (opportunities for increased on-call hours and/or advancing your education through a training wage program)
- You value curious play, community, kindness, independence and sustainability
- You’re passionate about for inspiring young children and helping them learn and grow
- You have experience caring for infants, toddlers and preschoolers. Or, you’re keen to learn
- You’re a brilliant communicator, with adults and children alike
- You have your ECE certificate or are currently working towards it
- Ideally, your CPR and First Aid Certification are up to date
Who we are:
- At Wild Wapiti Playschool, we nurture our kids’ curious minds and kind hearts through child-led play-based learning, positive reinforcement and role-modeling
- We celebrate each other’s uniqueness and support each child to grow, learn and discover in their own style
- Wild Wapiti Playschool is a safe and stimulating environment that provides opportunities promoting each child’s independence, and sense of worth and belonging to both our group and local community
- We ground our learning by exploring our local and natural environments, and where possible encourage nature-based outside play and experiences with natural materials.
- We believe each child is uniquely valuable, and must be treated with respect and dignity by other children, and by all adults within our community
- We value our educators by providing livable wages and continuous learning opportunities and professional development. We know that the knowledgeable, engaged and empowered staff will make meaningful and lasting impressions on each child
How we value our team:
- $22-$24/hr plus $4-6/hr government/CBTwage enhancement, if eligible and approved, plus annual minimum 2% wage increases
- 6% prorated vacation – equivalent to 3 weeks annually
- Flexible health spending account or RRSP contributions
- Housing allowance
- 10 paid sick days (prorated)
- Additional support staff (ECE/ECE-A) available during key times of the day
- Opportunities for professional development and team building
- Support to secure housing is available through our strong local network
If you are keen to join our Wild Wapiti Playschool community, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To learn more about Wild Wapiti Playschool Society visit www.wildwapitiplayschool.ca
521 4th ave, Fernie, V0B1M0
$22-24 plus wage enhancementsApply Now