Department: Food and Beverage
Location: Fernie Alpine Resort
Reporting to: Manager on duty
Availability: Winter Seasonal
Fernie Alpine Resort is looking to fill the position of Expediter / Runner at Legends Restaurant. Reporting to the manager on duty, the ideal candidate will be an energetic individual with willingness to learn new skills, have a positive attitude and be teamwork-oriented and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- To ensure a safe, comfortable and friendly atmosphere for both guests and staff
- To assist and upsell guests at every opportunity
- Ensure kitchen service area is sufficiently stocked with produce, garnishes, condiments, plateware and take-out items
- Garnish plates according to Legends specifications, portion control, quality and accuracy
- Check printed food orders to ensure order is complete and any modifiers are met: inform necessary personnel of any discrepancies
- Act as communicator between line and servers
- Ensure order is delivered to tables if server cannot pick up order immediately: use proper steps of service!
- Practice approved food handling procedures and ongoing cleanliness
- Know and adhere to the policies, rules and protocols outlined in the Resorts of the Canadian Rockies Employee Handbook
- Know and follow all safe work procedures included in the Safety Management Program
- Know and comply with all expectations of the Injury Management/Return-to-Work Programs
- To perform other tasks and duties that are applicable
- Previous experience is required
- Food Safe Certificate is an asset
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn new skills and a positive attitude
Full time position offering 4 days/week. RCR offers industry competitive compensation and benefits in a great working environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and look forward to hearing from all qualified applicants. If you are interested in the position, please email your resume with cover letter to the attention of:
Phil Adrian, Food and Beverage Director
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS
Video applications are strongly recommended. Interviews will be conducted via Skype or Zoom.
Safety is No Accident
We are committed to an Occupational Health & Safety Program that protects all our employees and guests.
Respect of, and active participation in resort protocols by all employees and visitors every day is necessary for the safety excellence that is expected.