Resorts of the Canadian Rockies Inc. is looking to fill the position of Legends Mountain Eatery Host at Fernie Alpine Resort. Reporting to the Mountain Food and Beverage Manager, the ideal candidate will be an energetic individual with willingness to learn new skills, have a positive attitude and be teamwork-oriented and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- To ensure a comfortable and friendly atmosphere for both guests and staff
- To assist and upsell guests at every opportunity
- Providing exceptional service to all guests entering and exiting the restaurant
- Greet guests, escort to tables and provide menus
- Answer phone and book table reservations
- Responsible to maintain host station supplies
- Practice approved food handling procedures and ongoing cleanliness
- Know and adhere to the policies, rules and protocols outlined in the RCR Employee Handbook
- Know and follow all safe work procedures included in the Safety Management Program
- Know and comply with all expectations of the Injury Management/Return-to-Work Programs
- To perform other tasks and duties that are applicable
- Previous experience in the service industry required
- Must be outgoing, engaging personality
- Must be a team player, strong organizational skills, excellent communication skills
- ‘Food Safe’ and ‘Serving it Right’ certifications an asset
Full time winter seasonal position. Role requires flexibility to meet varying business volumes. RCR offers industry competitive compensation and benefits in a great working environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and look forward to hearing from all qualified applicants. If you are interested in this experience, please apply online with your resume and cover letter to the attention of:
Phil Adrian, Director of Food & Beverage
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS
Video applications are strongly recommended. Interviews will be conducted via Skype or Zoom.
Safety is No Accident
We are committed to an Occupational Health & Safety Program that protects all our employees and guests.
Respect of, and active participation in resort protocols by all employees and visitors every day is necessary for the safety excellence that is expected.