The Fernie Taphouse is currently seeking a KITCHEN MANAGER to lead our team.
We are fully staffed both up front and in the kitchen with hardworking and eager employees – we now need a leader to see us through!
The Fernie is where community comes together, in the heart of Fernie’s downtown. Catch the game with friends and enjoy the wide menu of delicious pub fare. Open 7 days a week with weekly specials and events – it is all happening at The Fernie!
The successful applicant must have experience in all aspects of the food and beverage industry including:
- managing a busy kitchen
- setting menus and food pricing
- ordering and monitoring supplies
- recruiting and training staff
- scheduling work load
- monitoring food and labour costs
- experience as a Cook/Chef and a willingness to lead
- excellent communication and leadership skills
- ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the capability of delegating multiple tasks
- maintain a positive and professional approach with co-workers and customers
- ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation practices
- working knowledge of various computer software programs
We presently use Market Man and Touch Bistro software, and our bookkeeping team works with the kitchen manager to help assist with food and labour costing.
Benefits program available
Tip outs for all kitchen staff and staff meal while working provided. Open to hourly or salary wage.
If you are passionate about the restaurant industry and have prior experience as a Chef we invite you to apply. Forward you resume to Wendy: email@example.com
Part of the Parastone Team of Companies
691 1st Ave, Fernie, V0B 1M0
$55,000 to $80,000 / year salary