Position: Summer Lift Maintenance Helper
Department: Lift Maintenance
Location: Fernie Alpine Resort
Reporting to: Lift Maintenance Manager
Lift Maintenance Job in Fernie, BC
Resorts of the Canadian Rockies Inc. is looking to fill the full-time temporary position(s) of Summer Lift Maintenance Helper at Fernie Alpine Resort. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, physically capable and have strong mechanical skills. The applicant must be able to work well in a team environment as well as complete assigned tasks unsupervised. This position requires physical outdoor work, the applicant must be competent / comfortable working at heights, and in all mountain weather conditions. Some of the responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- To ensure a safe, comfortable and friendly atmosphere for both guests and staff
- Safe operation and maintenance of resort ski lift system
- Participate in a well-structured preventative maintenance program
- Safely operate various types of vehicles in a rugged mountain environment
- Know and adhere to the policies, rules and protocols outlined in the Resorts of the Canadian Rockies Employee Handbook
- Know and follow all safe work procedures included in the Safety Management Program
- Know and comply with all expectations of the Injury Management/Return-to-Work Programs
- To perform other tasks and duties that are applicable.
- Grade 12 education minimum
- Valid Class 5 drivers license
- Previous ski lift operational experience an asset
- Previous mechanical experience an asset.
Offering 4 x 10-hour shifts, full time seasonal status. RCR offers industry competitive compensation and benefits commensurate with RCR policy in a great working environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and look forward to hearing from all qualified applicants. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online with your resume and cover letter ASAP to the attention of:
Andy Sutherland, Lift Maintenance Manager
Safety is No Accident
We are committed to an Occupational Health & Safety Program that protects all our employees and guests. Respect of, and active participation in resort protocols by all employees and visitors every day is necessary for the safety excellence that is expected.