What makes The Fernie Hotel & Pub awesome? Our classic pub food!
Celebrating 21 years in business, we have always offered quality pub food in a relaxing environment. We define ourselves as your neighborhood sports pub, we are big community supporters and proudly part of the Parastone Team of Companies.
You’ll find steady year round work in our newly renovated pub and kitchen. The Fernie Hotel & Pub offers a clean and safe working environment, with a strong team of people both front of house and back of house.
With your experience, you’ll excel at our pub menu designed to serve the hungry sports loving crowds. Newish to the job? Our chef can work with you to train you on the job, starting out with prep and working your way to the line. We have our busy nights, but the job is fairly consistent day to day. You will know what to expect and what is expected of you.
The pub and kitchen both open at 11 am. We are flexible with scheduling when we can be. You must be well organized and have strong multi-tasking skills and possess a desire to produce high quality and consistent food.
Presently, we are looking for both Line cooks and First cook.
A friendly work environment
Above average wages and tip outs
Free meal each shift
Staff discounts at our other businesses in Fernie
Accommodation options available
Year-round employment in a proven stable business
Experienced Line Cook
Welcome to the historic Fernie Hotel & Pub. Nestled in the heart of downtown Fernie, this pub has been a fixture since it was rebuilt after the great fire of 1908. Of the 11 hotels rebuilt after the great fire it is the only one that has been run as a hotel for that entire time.
We are a classic neighbourhood sports pub serving lunch and dinner every day of the week. We fill up during all the big games and support local sport teams including fundraising for local clubs and sports teams of all ages.
We are seeking an experienced line cook to join our Award Winning Team (winner of the “Kootenay Business 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Best Place to Eat & Drink Award”)
- Must possess at least one year of experience
- Able to work a variety of shifts
- Possess a strong desire to produce high quality product
- Ability to perform tasks expediently
- Be well organized and have strong multi-tasking skills
- Have sound knowledge of commercial kitchen functions
- A friendly work environment
- Above average wages and gratuities
- Free meal each shift, staff discounts at The Fernie, The Tipple and Spa 901!
- Accommodation options available
- Year-round employment in a stable business
- Awesome Fernie ballcap and chefs clothes
691 1st Ave, PO Box 1899, Fernie, V0B1M0