Position: Mountain Pantry Grocery & Liquor Store Manager
Department: Food and Beverage
Location: Fernie Alpine Resort
Resorts of the Canadian Rockies Inc. is looking to fill the full-time position of Mountain Pantry Grocery & Liquor Store Manager at Fernie Alpine Resort. The ideal candidate will have previous leadership experience, will be an excellent communicator with strong oral communication skills, have an excellent knowledge of MSWord and Excel and a customer service orientation. Some of the responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- To ensure a comfortable and friendly atmosphere for both guests and staff
- To assist and upsell guests at every opportunity
- Responsible for the daily operation of all facets of the Mountain Pantry Store
- Train and lead a successful and enthusiastic team of employees
- Hire, train, schedule, coach, mentor store staff
- Coffee/Barista station duties
- Cashier duties
- Product ordering, stocking, inventory checks and prepare reports
- Develop store promotions, manage product markdowns and effectively merchandise the Mountain Pantry to maximize revenue
- Guide and motivate team to increase sales and ensure efficiency
- Continually provide employees with clear feedback, coach and conduct performance reviews
- Maintain Point of Sale system, to ensure accurate reporting
- Resort support work daily – phone calls, general guest inquiries
- Seasonal resort support work as required
- Know, adhere and enforce the policies, rules and protocols outlined in the Resorts of the Canadian Rockies Employee Handbook
- Know, adhere and enforce all safe work procedures included in the Safety Management Program
- Know adhere and enforce all expectations of the Injury Management/Return-to-Work Programs
- To perform other tasks and duties that are applicable.
- Organized, independent worker with basic MS Excel skills
- Cash/Retail Experience preferred
- Food Safe an asset
- Serving It Right required
- Personal transportation recommended to work variety of shift schedules
- Availability to work weekends required
Immediate vacancy for Assistant Supervisor, full time year round.
Immediate vacancy for Store Clerk, full time seasonal and year round.
Winter seasonal vacancy for part time role.
RCR offers industry competitive compensation and benefits in a great working environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and look forward to hearing from all qualified applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest in Fernie Alpine Resort; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online with your resume and cover letter ASAP to the attention of:
Phil Adrian, Food and Beverage Director
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS
Video applications are strongly recommended. Interviews will be conducted via Skype or Zoom.
Safety is No Accident
We are committed to an Occupational Health & Safety Program that protects all our employees and guests. Respect of, and active participation in resort protocols by all employees and visitors every day is necessary for the safety excellence that is expected.