Position: Store Clerk/Cashier & Assistant Supervisor
Department: Mountain Pantry Grocery & Liquor Store
Location: Fernie Alpine Resort
Reporting to: Mountain Pantry Supervisor
Availability: immediate and winter seasonal
Resorts of the Canadian Rockies Inc. is looking to fill the position of Store Clerk/Cashier at the Mountain Pantry Grocery & Liquor Store. The ideal candidate will have previous cash/retail experience, will be an excellent communicator with strong oral communication skills and a customer service orientation. Some of the responsibilities of the position include:
- To ensure a comfortable and friendly atmosphere for both guests and staff
- To assist guests at every opportunity
- Cashier duties
- Stocking of products
- General light cleaning of store shelves
- Maintain coffee and beverage service counter
- Resort support, answering phone and guest inquiries
- Know and adhere to the policies, rules and protocols outlined in the Resorts of the Canadian Rockies Employee Handbook
- Know and follow all safe work procedures included in the Safety Management Program
- Know and comply with all expectations of the Injury Management/Return-to-Work Programs
- To perform other tasks and duties that are applicable
- Organized, independent worker with basic MS Excel skills
- Cash/Retail Experience preferred
- Food Safe an asset
- Serving It Right required
- Personal transportation recommended to work variety of shift schedules
- Availability to work weekends required
Immediate vacancy for Assistant Supervisor, full time year round.
Immediate vacancy for Store Clerk, full time seasonal and year round.
Winter seasonal vacancy for part time role.
RCR offers industry competitive compensation and benefits in a great working environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and look forward to hearing from all qualified applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest in Fernie Alpine Resort; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online with your resume and cover letter ASAP to the attention of:
Phil Adrian, Food and Beverage Director
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS
Video applications are strongly recommended. Interviews will be conducted via Skype or Zoom.
Safety is No Accident
We are committed to an Occupational Health & Safety Program that protects all our employees and guests. Respect of, and active participation in resort protocols by all employees and visitors every day is necessary for the safety excellence that is expected.