Are you passionate about supporting your community? The Fernie Women’s Resource Centre and Columbia Basin Family Resource Society directly supports around 1000 individuals and families in the Elk Valley and we’re looking to expand our team!
In partnership with each other, the Fernie Women’s Resource Centre and Columbia Basin Family Resource Centre are seeking an Office Manager. Working alongside the Executive Director and Team Leader, the successful candidate focuses on the smooth administration of both agencies and in providing service to the community.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Office Manager provides administrative, technical, and coordination support to the staff and clients of both the Fernie Women’s Resource Centre and Columbia Basin Family Resource Society
- Hours of work: 20-25 hours per week with the potential to increase.
- Wage range $22-25/hr, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Benefits: Health spending account and Employee Assistance Program
- Work hours and days are flexible and may be hybrid with at least one day in the office.
- Certificate in Office Administration or equivalent an asset.
- 3 years in office/administrative or equivalent role an asset.
- Experience in a community social services or nonprofit office setting an asset.
- Knowledge and proficiency with office technology, i.e., computers, printer/copier, telecommunication and web conferencing technology, WordPress and website management, Adobe, Zoom, M365, including Admin Centre, SharePoint, OneDrive, Outlook, Office suite, etc.
- Knowledge and proficiency with office administration systems (e.g., filing, purchasing, inventory control).
- Demonstrated skills taking minutes, word processing and formatting.
Skill requirements / core competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and fosters open respectful two-way communication channels
- A confident, self-motivated professional manner, able to follow tasks through to completion.
- Passion for serving communities and desire to support individuals in need.
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated high level of judgment, tact, and diplomacy in interacting with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Displays a high level of integrity and transparency, is seen as ethical and collegial with a strong belief in building trust and an inclusive culture.
- Comfortable working in complexity and ambiguity and has the presence to maintain a calm demeanour in high stress situations.
- Comfortable with managing crisis calls, and making referrals to other service providers.
- Analyzes and synthesizes information to understand issues, identify options, and make appropriate, and timely decisions.
- The ability to prioritize and problem solve situations and tasks.
If you feel like a great fit but don’t meet all the requirements, we would still love to chat
- Completion of a successful Criminal Reference Check.
- A valid driver’s license and availability of personal vehicle for work purposes.
- Some weekends and evenings to be required.
- Maintain client file documentation including waitlists.
- Compile data as required to prepare statistical and performance reports for programs
- Work in partnership with ED and Team Leader to ensure CARF standards are being upheld
- Assistance with new employee onboarding
- Recording board minutes and typing agendas
- Maintain technology inventory and provide technical support to staff
- Assist with organizing special events and programs including staff parties
- Act on behalf of the Executive Director when the ED and the Team Leader are unavailable
- Other duties as assigned
- Answering community questions via email and phone calls, managing community donations.
- Creating a safe and welcoming environment for clients of the Fernie Women’s Resource Centre
- Maintaining office supplies
- Marketing and Social Media:
- Create guidelines and schedule for social media content.
- Coordinate print ads for local media publications.
- Create copy and assist in the maintenance of the agencies websites
The Fernie Women’s Resource Centre has been providing services to women and families in the Elk Valley since 1979. Our aim is to raise the status of women, act as a referral and drop-in center, offer support to women and their families, and to inform and educate the public around issues concerning women. The Fernie Women’s Centre will strive for equality and justice for all women and work for the removal of barriers to women’s full economic, social, cultural, legal and political participation.
The Columbia Basin Family Resource Society has been serving Elk Valley and South Country families since 2002. We support around 500 Elk Valley families per year using our strength based, client centred approach. Our goal is to help families recognize and focus on the things that are working in their relationships and help families solve problems on their own. We believe in each person’s ability, responsibility and right to be heard, to be safe, and to have information to make decisions about their own life
1592 10th Ave, Fernie, V0B1M0