The Fernie & District Arts Council is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our team to oversee the management of The Arts Station pottery studio. We are looking for someone with knowledge and experience in the field of pottery but also looking to grow with our organisation. A commitment to cleanliness and safety in the studio is a must.
- Education in pottery including the technical aspects.
- Experience and training in creation of glazes.
- Experience and training with kiln maintenance and operation.
- Strong communication – verbal, written, listening & computer literacy.
- Provide exceptional communication and customer service for internal and external audiences.
- Works independently & excellent problem-solving skills.
- Organized, ability to track and follow up on action items.
- Follow health and safety procedures.
- Experience with instruction and teaching for all ages would be an asset.
- Prepare and maintain required glazes.
- Oversee maintenance and repair of studio equipment including electric kiln.
- Manage kiln schedule including the loading/unloading.
- Other day to day studio tasks such as clay reclaim.
- Maintain and communicate studio safety protocol.
- Schedule and train volunteer studio helpers.
- Manages the inventory, ordering and sales of pottery items such as clay, tools, glazes.
- Reports directly to the Executive Director of FDAC.
- Fill out a daily activity log.
- Hours: 10-30 per week dependent on the candidate and responsibilities looking to take on.
- 10 hours per week pottery tech position.
- Additional hours teaching pottery workshops, mainly beginner, and preferably both kids and adults. Criminal record check is required for this.
- Additional hours (8-12) supervise studio time for beginner potters looking to develop their skills and studio orientation.
- Be flexible to complete other duties as assigned.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends and adjust schedule according to studio needs.
- Be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Compensation: $18-20 per hour
Additional perks include: Access to use the pottery studio and exhibit potential in The Arts Station Gallery.
The Arts Station, 601 1st Avenue, Fernie, V0B 1M0
$18.00-$20.00 per hourApply Now