With over 30years of operation, Island Lake has gained a reputation for providing life changing experiences for both guests and staff alike. From a unique culinary program, to cat-skiing, biking, hiking, full spa and dedicated staff, Island Lake is a gem of the Canadian Rockies. www.islandlakelodge.com
Our Dishwasher/ Prep Cook is responsible for the general cleanliness of the dish pit, dish storage and equipment storage areas. This position will be required to perform various food prep tasks and provide support to the culinary team.
- Employment for our Summer Season (June- Sept) with the opportunity for continued employment in our Winter season.
- Clean and sanitize cookware, flatware and glassware
- Maintain temperatures and chemical levels as outlined by provided standards.
- Keep the dish area orderly and in compliance with safety standards.
- Sweep/mop of kitchen floors.
- Wash worktables and other food prep surfaces.
- Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
- Endure accolades and pats on the back from the other staff.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Team player and but also able to work with minimal supervision
- Work in a fast paced environment and work under pressure.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Food Safe Cert is an asset.
Why work at Island Lake?
- A friendly and positive team environment
- Competitive compensation
- Staff discounts on food, drinks, and merchandise
- Complimentary staff meals
- Product deals and discounts from our amazing partners
- Complimentary staff shuttle from downtown to/from the Lodge for most shifts
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
- Health spending account for seasonal employees
602a 2nd Avenue Box 1229, Fernie, V0B1M0Apply Now