Parastone Developments Ltd. is a Fernie, BC based Developer and Construction Company with a history of delivering signature projects in the Elk Valley area. Parastone provides a comprehensive range of development and construction services including land servicing, high quality residential new construction and landmark commercial and institutional construction projects. Parastone’s projects range in size from $300K to over $30 Million. For over 20 years Parastone has been a locally owned and people-focused company with a commitment to delivering signature projects that make our community a better place to live and work.
Parastone is currently looking to fill the role of Project Coordinator for our residential, commercial, and institutional projects in the Fernie, BC Area.
The Project Coordinator assists the Project Team with both preconstruction activities, and construction execution. This is an entry level professional position that will offer a recent grad or young professional the opportunity to gain experience in design, development, and construction management while working with an award-winning construction and development team. We offer a competitive package and the opportunity to live and work in one of the best outdoor playgrounds in Canada.
Project Coordinator Job in Fernie, BC
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assists with land and development planning
- Assists with zoning applications, land subdivision approvals, development permit approvals, Building Permits and related design and approval activities.
- Assists with preparation and execution of overall work plan and schedule.
- Organizes and maintains project site files and documents; manages electronic document database and/or file sharing site.
- Maintains up-to-date, accurate documents for the project including drawings, plans, submittals, document logs, purchase orders, etc.
- Reviews subcontractor/supplier progress applications and payment certificates
- Liaises with architects, consulting engineers, subcontractors and suppliers regarding contract and change notices, design revisions, RFIs, RFQ, etc.
- Prepares and participates in meetings with project team, architects, consultants and subcontractors.
- Prepares and distributes accurate and detailed meeting minutes in a timely manner
- Assists with providing final document turnover to client at completion of project
- Coordinate deficiencies in a timely manner.
- Maintains project awareness in order to keep Project Manager and others informed about status and potential project issues.
- Provide other technical office support as required by project team.
- Completed (or in progress) post-secondary degree or diploma, preferably in Engineering or a construction, design or planning related discipline.
- Experience in a project support role, preferably with a Developer, ICI General Contractor or Subcontractor.
- Experience working on commercial and/or institutional projects from start to finish.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to read and interpret contract specifications, drawings, and other construction documents.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with MS Office including MS Excel and Project.
- Strong organizational and time management skills in order to prioritize work load and stay on top of things as the project demands increase.
- Client service and customer focus in order to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers.
- Self-motivated with strong willingness and ability to learn and be challenged.
- A positive, community focused mindset with a passion for living and working in one of the best places in Canada.
Box 1900, 691 1st Ave, Fernie, V0B 1M0