Island Lake Lodge has been called one of the most unique and authentic places to stay in Canada. With over 30 years of operations, Island Lake has gained a reputation for providing life changing experiences for both guests and staff alike. www.islandlakelodge.com
We are currently hiring for the position of Restaurant Supervisor at Island Lake. This involves supervising all staff working in the Front of House of the Bear Bistro at Island Lake in all aspects of daily service. General responsibilities include:
- Ensuring standards are upheld in order to maintain service excellence in overall guest experience at Island Lake Lodge.
- Overseeing schedules and staffing levels
- Assist staff with daily cash handling procedures, including balancing cash-outs.
- Assist with initial and continued training of Front of House Restaurant staff
- Co-ordinate beer & liquor program; placement of orders, delivery arrangements, all pricing and inventory duties.
- Acting as a working part of the Front of House Team in the role of Lead Server on the floor in the restaurant for specific scheduled shifts, in addition to maintaining your role and responsibilities as Restaurant Supervisor.
- Addressing customer concerns when necessary and issues of immediate importance in the restaurant.
- Responsible for performing any other management duties as set by upper management
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong hospitality background with a minimum of 3 years Fine Dining experience, with some supervisory experience
- Strong knowledge of wines, liquors and beers
- Must be quick thinker, willing to make decisions on your own.
- Must have extensive customer service experience
- Must have passion for details and professionalism
- Food Safe Certificate, familiar with HACCP.
- Serving it right Licensee Certificate.
- Driver’s License valid in Canada
Why work at Island Lake?
- Possibility of temporary housing in Staff Accommodation at the Lodge if relocating to Fernie area
- 20% Staff discounts on food, drinks, and merchandise
- Product deals and discounts from our amazing partners
- Extended Health Benefits package available to all permanent employees
- Health spending account for seasonal employees for
- Complimentary staff meals
Island Lake would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Island Lake Lodge is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all our staff. A combination of measures will be used to minimize worker exposure to COVID-19, including the most effective control technologies available.
602A- 2nd Avenue, Fernie, V0B1M0Apply Now