Island Lake Lodge has been called one of the most unique and authentic places to stay and ski in Canada by National Geographic Traveler Magazine. Located in the Rocky Mountains Island Lake offers 7,000 acres of alpine terrain, valleys, forests, rivers and streams. With more than 30 years in operation, Island Lake has gained a reputation for providing life changing experiences for both guest and staff alike both on and off the slopes. www.islandlakecatskiing.com
We are seeking a motivated, detail-oriented individual to join Island Lake Lodge as a Sales and Reservations agent in our downtown office. Our ideal candidate is highly organized, has impeccable phone and email manners, strong communication and customer service skills, keen attention to detail, and has the ability to build ongoing relationships with guests and colleagues. Primary responsibilities include creating reservations for both winter and summer, weddings, corporate events and activities as well as maintaining information on reservations and guest profiles. You will need to be very familiar with our products and facilities, confidently communicating details to guests.
- Building a strong understanding of the reservations software and performing daily tasks within it
- Excellent communication skills and ability to connect and engage with our guests
- Strong customer service and service quality experience and delivery
- Organized, ability to multi task and works well in a fast paced environment
- Excellent phone etiquette and verbal communication skills, promptly responding to phone, email and walk in’s enquiries from existing and potential guests, and the ability to resolve customer issues
- Strong computer proficiency and email communications.
- Attention to detail, making winter and summer reservations for individuals/group bookings and maintaining client profiles as well as managing payments, deposits and outstanding balances
- Working with tour operators, local businesses and activity providers, making bookings and maintaining accuracy across all reservations
- Using reporting methods to communicate important information to all staff in the office and at the lodge during operational seasons via the daily ‘Flash’, through our software program, and directly via phone or radio.
- Assisting in the distribution of marketing materials and maintenance of client databases
- Process sales for customers who purchase retail items from the downtown office
- Given the nature of our business you will also be expected to be familiar with skiing terminology and gain an understanding of the Island Lake terrain
- Collaborative and Team orientated that works together to achieve Island Lake Lodge’s successes
- Desire to grow and advance in your role and within the company considered an asset
Why work at Island Lake Lodge?
- Competitive compensation, seasonal bonuses
- Extended Health Benefits package
- Staff discounts on food, drinks, and merchandise
- Product deals and discounts from our amazing corporate partners
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered.
602a 2nd Avenue Box 1229, Fernie, V0B1M0Apply Now