Job ID 1499891Date posted 01/28/2021
Facility :FERNIE HEALTH CENTRE
|We are currently seeking Patient Care Aides (Sparwood Health Centre ONLY) and Community Health Workers to join our teams in beautiful Fernie, Sparwood and Elkford!Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? Are you looking for a flexible work schedule? If the answer is ‘yes’ then we want to hear from you!
As a Community Health Worker , you will work as part of a dynamic team of healthcare professionals who support Community Clients’ independence and ability to stay at home. Community Health Workers provide home support services to clients by assisting with activities of daily living and supporting and encouraging maximum independence. Wages for Community Health Workers are: $22.38-$24.47/hour.
As a Patient Care Aide (LTCA) you will work as an integral part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team, who provide care and support in a long-term care setting. Working under the direction of nurses, PCA’s have key responsibilities in the individual care plan for each resident to meet their physical, emotional and social needs. Wages for Patient Care Aides are: $25.33/hour.
Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary to a maximum of 37.5 hours per week. Many applicants start out with Interior Health in a casual capacity but are quickly successful on a permanent position, entitling them to employer paid benefits and banked time off for sick and vacation. This is a great way to start your career with Interior Health.
If you’re interested in working for IH in any of these locations, in either (or both!) of these roles, apply today and we will be in touch to discuss the opportunities that fit best for you!
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Elk Valley boasts four-season activities and small-town charm. Learn more about Fernie here , learn more about Sparwood here , learn more about Elkford here
Find more information about applying and working as a Health Care Assistant at Interior Health here!
|• Grade 12
• Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Home Support Worker Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience
• BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
• Current valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a reliable vehicle (for CHW only)*Along with a copy of your CV (or resume) please provide a copy of your certificate.*
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
1501 5th St, Fernie, V0B 1M0Apply Now