SERVICE MANAGER, FERNIE, BC
AMAZING OPPORTUNITY! Gearhub is looking for his new year round Service Manager!
Reporting directly to the General Manager and Associate General Manager, the Service Manager will lead the shop’s daily service activities, will set the standard for how the shop is remembered by our customers, and will set an example for other employees by creating an amazing experience for everyone who walks through the doors.
Duties and Responsibilities (included, but not limited to):
Responsibilities include helping to manage and maintain a service department environment where customers feel welcomed, staff are respected, repairs and maintenance are completed to the highest of standards, on time and efficiently.
- Lead & Keep improving service department as a whole
- Increasing efficiencies workflow
- Daily staff supervising
- Quality Control & Problem solving
- Communication with reps and service providers
- Projects Management
- Management of workload
- Warranty (submissions and follow up)
- Parts department management & restocking
- Active communication between managers
- Policies and procedures handbook (writing and updating)
- Ecom Support
- Assist sales associates and customers with technical questions and purchases
- Always keep the vibe high!
- Wrenching bikes (High level, technical, …)
- Service writing
- Repair and maintain all types of bikes
- Provide customers with accurate cost estimate quotes and maintenance suggestions
- Thoroughly and accurately complete bike builds, repairs, tune ups, sales checks, and accessory installs on time and with the highest quality standards.
- Wax and tune skis and snowboards
- Adjust bindings on skis and snowboards
- Inspecting equipment to determine required repair or service needed
- Servicing of equipment including base grinding, edge sharpening and waxing
- Major repairs including p-texing, base patches, edge replacements and delaminations
- Mounting, adjusting and testing a wide variety of ski bindings
- Using and maintaining tuning machines including Wintersteiger equipment
- Maintaining a clean and organized work area
Leadership & Training
- Oversee the general operation of the Service department, make decisions and take reasonable actions.
- Provide direction to the Service Team regarding company policies and procedures.
- Collaborate as an integral part of the management team by providing support, attending meetings, and sharing information.
- Organize and participate in all training & PKs.
- Recognize and report policy infractions to the executive team.
- Responsible for on-going performance assessment conversations towards set goals.
- Technical training
- Raising the level and range of professional services we offer (i.e. in house suspension)
Product & Purchasing
- Support the shop purchasing strategy and restocking needs
- Work with the GM/AGM to research new products to carry in stores
- Add parts to carts as you notice we are low
- Perform additional job-related duties as requested by the Management
Skills & Qualifications
- Positive, friendly and professional.
- Strong leadership & High energy level
- Customer Oriented – Understand our customers, business and competitors, and look for creative approaches to provide or improve customer experience.
- Reliability – Shows commitment, dependability and accountability in one’s work, and follows through on all designated tasks and projects regardless of interruption.
- Addition to Detail – Set example and enforce high standards in all tasks completed.
- Team Building – Work to develop, maintain, and promote positive working relationships within the Service department to promote inclusivity.
- Drive for Results – Constantly reassess department and Shop priorities while communicating and delegating accordingly to achieve desired goals.
- Performance Management – Set clear expectations for job assignment and monitor employee’s performance; when giving feedback provide suggestions and coaching for future development.
- Well organized, with the ability to manage time and prioritize workflows for self and our service team.
- Ability to solve problems in various situations
- Previous bike shop experience.
- Knowledge of the ski industry (experience with tuning equipment, base grinders/Stone grinders/Edge machines/Base weld guns + Competence in waxing, edge angles, base repairs including core shot repair, stone grind patterns, edge repairs, mounting/adjusting and testing ski bindings)
If this sounds like you, come join our highly-skilled, rad team. This isn’t just a workplace, this is the Gearhub!
Please apply online or send us a cover letter and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop one off in person at the shop! 401 1st Ave, Fernie BC.
401 1st Avenue, Fernie, V0B 1M0
$22 - $28Apply Now