The Fernie Chamber of Commerce is looking for 2 full-time individuals to join our team for the summer! These individuals will be performing a variety of different tasks; however, they must have excellent customer service skills, as they will be acting as a liaison between visitors to Fernie and our tourism industry. The main duties of a visitor information counselor include but are not limited to; greeting visitors in a professional and welcoming manor, offering information about tourism products and services, selling visitors on why Fernie is a number one tourist destination, and much more!
- Greet all visitors to the Fernie Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Information Center in a friendly and professional manner.
- Determine visitor needs, interests and provide accurate information to visitors regarding destination, transportation, accommodation, options and costs, and suggest suitable products in the community, region or province via mail, phone, email and in person.
- Promote local tourism products, services and events which will promote longer stays in the Fernie area
- Gather and record statistical information related to each visitor party
- Stock and sell retail merchandise and handle cash transactions
- Maintain brochure racks and ensure adequate inventory is always on hand
- Standard office environment with standing, light lifting, answering phones, emails and some computer work required
- Cleaning of building
- Handling Purolator parcels
- Perform other administrative tasks as required
- 30 hours per week
- Demonstrated customer service skills- an asset
- Knowledge of business community, tourism products, City of Fernie, and surrounding area- an asset
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends
- Valid drivers license
- A current secondary or post-secondary student
102 Commerce Road, Fernie, V0B 1M5